Thursday, July 4, 2019

Inside trimmings

Galen asked me how things were going with the Natural History Museum and I said something weaselly. So, to redeem myself I took a photo of what's on the table.

To trim the unsightly lower portion of each window I'm adding a thin styrene strip across the lower window edge, and then gluing a strip of brick paper below. This adds a ledge that will go all around the inside of the building.

The brick paper strip is a slice of self-adhesive aged brick from Micro-Mark. I wanted something a little thicker and newer looking than the brick paper used on the walls and this filled the bill nicely. Things are moving along and hopefully it will be done well before Christmas :-)

2 comments:

  1. Please don't hurry on my account. I'm still plugging away at the Fallburgh Station a year later, and will join you in hoping for a Christmas completion. The weather around here is also a factor, but it has the opposite effect - it gets me outside to the back porch where I can work on a model!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be the weather that spurs me on. It's supposed to be in the low 30s this weekend with a humidex in the low 40s, and if that's true, I'll be hiding in the house until the temps break :-)

      Delete