Sunday, June 23, 2019

"That would drive me crazy."

Over the last week I've worked on this project for only about 30 minutes or so. At this rate it's one of the slowest projects I've ever worked on, and might not finish until around Christmas if I'm not careful :-)

What have I been doing? Lining the window bars. 






The first thing I did was trim the glass pieces to fit the frames. As we saw earlier, they were too long as I think the manufacturer used windows from some other kit and didn't make properly sized ones for this kit.

I applied a piece of Tamiya masking tape to mark the cut line, and then used a razor saw to trim the piece along the tape's edge.





Black Sharpie pens were used to ink the moulded on ridges that delineate the window bars. I inked both the front and back so the interior view would look ok, and to give the bars a little extra feeling of solidity.

Side note: I bought a green Sharpie oil pen as I thought I'd try for green bars. I couldn't get the hang of using the pen and went back to using the black ones. 




After inking, the windows were glued into the frames. You can see the lower edges are rough and unfinished. Although the manufacturer provides some power equipment for the inside, it's clear it's just a rudimentary interior, and wasn't meant to get the scrutiny this one will. 



I've started to trim the lower parts of the walls to make everything look neat and plausible on the inside. Next time I'll post some pictures on trimming the lower sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment