Monday, June 10, 2019

Cal's Cabbage Co. on the backlot

It was nice and sunny on the weekend and I took a few minutes to shoot a couple of pictures of Cal's Cabbage Co. outside. Compare to the relatively calmer staged shots I made indoors back in 2014.

Intense sunlight brings out every little detail, whether intentionally added or not. I see a corner of a solar panel has lifted and needs to be re-glued, not to mention some skewed uprights, and their very coarse balsa texture. 


And on the bottom, out of view, I need to re-solder a couple of light leads that got damaged when Cal's was removed from the old layout. I'll do a few repairs and have another go another day.

2 comments:

  1. Next time you're building something with many parallel posts, try this: Hold the model up to a light source, creating a silhouette. Twist it around and see that all the parallel posts are in line with each other. I did this a lot when I worked in hotel rooms late at night with only a table lamp. Silhouette lighting made it easier to see any irregularities.

    ReplyDelete