Sunday, August 19, 2012

Upstairs at Stella's takes shape

I've lined the inside window frames with a thin, black Sharpie pen, and the walls have been glued together to form the basic box shape of the 2nd and 3rd floors.I used Ambroid Proweld glue and it worked quite well. I taped together the acrylic walls, made sure everything was square, and then ran Proweld along the joints. After around 10 or 15 seconds the structure was very solid. I then cut a piece of 0.080 inch styrene for the third floor. The same gluing technique was applied to the floor: it was slipped into place and Proweld was run along the joints. Once dry this all makes for a very solid structure.

Those pieces below are the panels that will be glued over each side of the 'glass' box. Various other window and roof details will be built up on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment