Thursday, August 23, 2012

September

It’s hard for me to believe it’s a little more than a week away. In this region, once September hits, the weather often changes so quickly from summer to fall it’s as if switch was flipped. It’s unusual for summer weather to linger past Labour Day even though the season doesn’t actually end until the 22nd. Although, I do hope it does linger for awhile longer.

Throughout the fall I want to get the layout all tuned up for running trains again, get the trains themselves in good operating condition, finish off the basic scenery on the board, and have a scattering of detailed scenes on view. All in preparation for the Christmas season, especially for this year’s Silver Spike Ceremony.

I had plans to have some electrical prep work finished by summer’s end, but that didn’t pan out. Anyway, I thought I’d post a few photos of the layout just to document its present state. When it’s not on display it’s stored in the basement on a tall, wheeled frame. Right now it’s been rolled into the workshop so it’s easy to work on under the main shop lights. But, I think the first job I’ll need to tackle is cleaning up the workshop – it’s been neglected and abused all summer and now it needs some attention before I start on the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment