I built this kit as a child... didn't know the ELM connection... a fun reminiscence, watching him put it together. A few years later, I bought another to build Art Curren's Perry Shibble Produce kitbash. I forget; that might've needed more than one. I don't know what happened to the original one I built, but the kitbash still stands today on an NMRA module (no longer in my possession)... it was also pictured in my RMC article about that module, back in 1997. The original brewery stands today, albeit a renovated rebuild. I can't find it, but here's a charming painting of the building for Christmas: https://www.taverntrove.com/schaefer-brewing-company-pre-pro-of-new-york-new-york-usa-br-4168.html
I built this kit as a child... didn't know the ELM connection... a fun reminiscence, watching him put it together. A few years later, I bought another to build Art Curren's Perry Shibble Produce kitbash. I forget; that might've needed more than one. I don't know what happened to the original one I built, but the kitbash still stands today on an NMRA module (no longer in my possession)... it was also pictured in my RMC article about that module, back in 1997. The original brewery stands today, albeit a renovated rebuild. I can't find it, but here's a charming painting of the building for Christmas: https://www.taverntrove.com/schaefer-brewing-company-pre-pro-of-new-york-new-york-usa-br-4168.html
ReplyDeleteRe: Charming Christmas painting.... go down to the 1840 listing and click on that photo.
ReplyDeleteIt is quite charming. It reminds me of something by Currier & Ives.
Delete