Friday, October 11, 2024

Even mountains evolve

After

Even though I'm deep into surfacing the mountain and casting rocks I still spend time just staring at the thing from different angles.

I began to think the portion of the mountain on the parking lot lobe that partially obscures the track going to the inspiration point stub needed to be taller. If I left it as it was it was going to be the same height as the granite gate, and that I didn't want. So, I glued some foam pieces on above the portal to make it taller. No doubt it'll undergo some revision as I continue shaping, especially once I put in the granite gate.

All this is just to say that I keep revising the mountain even at these later stages. The idea that once a phase of construction is done it's done for good and I move onto the next is fiction. 

Before

No comments:

Post a Comment