Sunday, August 18, 2024

Terrain near the Circular Bridge

I spent some time roughing in the terrain in the Circular Bridge lobe. The idea was to glue in pieces of sheet foam to approximate the landscape profile I'm looking for. The gaps will be filled with Great Stuff spray foam, and when that's hardened I'll carve it to a final shape. I'll then use my latex mold collection to do the final surface texturing and detailing by filling the molds with spray foam and pressing them onto the structure. 

The photo makes it very clear that the Circular Bridge with have quite a grade. The real one did too, although not as steep as the one on my layout. So, although the terrain near the bridge is rather fanciful, at least the spirit of having a circular bridge to connect two levels of terrain is captured.

No comments:

Post a Comment