Wednesday, December 27, 2023

What I did on my summer vacation

As any owner of a time machine will tell you, developing an understanding of the structure of time is crucial if you hope to become a master time traveller. If you accidentally skid on some banana shaped time and veer off into imaginary time you can slide into some weird time streams where so-called real time intertwines with fictional time if you don’t steer properly. I nearly slid into a knotted chrono-abyss this summer during my break when I took a banana-chrono-corner with no time to spare, and after some hair restoring retro-steering I wound up outside Frank Madwood’s office. He was still doing his radio gig, but had recently bought the old model streetcar magazine, wireLog, and was running it out of his workshop. Apparently an article of mine was in the current issue so he gave me a copy. I took it and got out of there quick because according to Frank I was supposed to be dropping by his office any minute to discuss a new joint project on time travelling space hoppers. I didn’t want to confront my chrono-double in case the chrono-contradiction ripped the space-time continuum. 


So, here’s all I have to show for skidding on some banana-time. Warning: I can’t guarantee Madwood’s ghosts won’t knock on your door while you’re reading it.




6 comments:

  1. Really beautiful scenes -- so beautiful that I disabled "Prevent cross-site tracking" in Safari so that I could leave this comment. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the amount of ELM that snuck onto the layout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ELM stuff is never far from my thoughts. No doubt some reference will show up on the Centennial Experimental Farm some way or another :-)

      Delete
  3. Firstly, Happy New Year. What a nice way to round out the old and ring in the new with this lovely retrospective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words and Happy New Year to you and yours! Hopefully there'll be another year of time travelling :-)

      Delete