Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Coles on Yonge: Windows & Paint

No, it's not distorted, my photographic technique is

Painting wasn't a complicated task: brick colour for the brick walls, concrete colour for the concrete out front, and some black for the black metal siding where the sign will go.

As per my custom all painting was done with acrylics and a brush.

Although, one thing I did differently was apply a wash of thin black paint over the bricks to give them a little bit of a gritty city look.




The window frames are painted an aluminum colour.


To make the front window wall I first drew the frame's outline on a piece of clear plastic with a black Sharpie, and then attached the frame's pieces on top of the outline. The frame is built up from strips of 1mm and 2mm wide by 0.020" thick styrene that had 3M transfer tape applied to their unpainted sides. The clear plastic has a 4mm border beyond the frame's edge so that the unit can be glued, well, transfer taped, to the inside edge of the window opening.

Hmm, I see a little scratch on the corner of the back wall that's going to need some touch up.

And I need to think about colours for the back doors. I recall Coles bags used to be yellow with black printing so I'm thinking yellow back doors. 

Well, touch up and doors will be left for a future round of painting. I think I'll move onto signs next.

No comments:

Post a Comment