Saturday, November 14, 2020

Negatives

I was rooting around in old boxes of junk from days gone by looking for the Maserati's front bumper, but no such luck*. However, I did find some rather abused negatives of the Marmora station environs. I was surprised by the image on the right of some sort of freight car that's been converted to a shed. I'd completely forgotten about that. Also, the centre image is a side of the speeder shed that I hadn't seen in my photo files. I need to find a way to properly scan these negatives as they appear to be in better shape - except for the folds of course - than the grainy images suggest.

*It looks like I tore the front bumper and grill off the chassis, and it's no doubt lost for good. I guess at the time I thought that was some sort of cool customization scheme :-(

2 comments:

  1. Seeing the speeder shed made me realise that there is a prototype for everything!
    The Revell Maintenance Shed and several other kits I don't have my hand on, immediately came to mind.
    Not something I am aware of this side of the pond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. I'll have to see if I can find that kit online.

      Delete