Wednesday, November 25, 2020

It's easy being green

Since I probably used the same type of paint on the body as I used on the interior I decided to soak the body in Super Clean and see what happened. I dropped it in just before dinner and checked on it afterwards. The blue was very loose and some light work with a stiff brush removed most of it, and maybe some of the original green too. 

The photo gives a better idea of the match between the original paint and the Tamiya I plan to use. Close, but not identical. Also, the original paint is likely worn and dulled due to age and having an overcoat of brushed on blue enamel removed. That jar of purple fluid is Super Clean after it had been used to strip the paint from the interior and the body. I started fresh and you can see it's a bit cloudy now, but still good for more work. I'll continue on to see if it can remove the original green. If not, I'll need to buy something more powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment