Saturday, February 11, 2017

The Case of the Missing Road

Debra and I were doing some family history research looking for the last address my grandfather lived at in London before setting sail for Canada. It was somewhere along that strip of Knapp Road between Rounton and Campbell Roads where I've placed the red arrow. I was surprised to see that it's a stone's throw from the 'North London Ry. Depot'. I think he went to work for the Canadian Pacific in building construction when he got here. Maybe that rail yard was of some interest to him. Maybe my interest in trains is genetic :-)
Unfortunately, according to this Google Map, that piece of Knapp Road and the Depot is gone and the area has been redeveloped. Maybe it was destroyed in The Blitz? There's more research ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment