Monday, June 22, 2009

Robie House, 20 June

Debra and I went on a road trip to Chicago back in the summer of 2007. The goal was to visit her cousin and his new wife. On the way there we took a circuitous route and went to see Frank Lloyd Wright’s Fallingwater near Pittsburgh. We also took a look at some of Wright’s houses in Oak Park and visited his home. In the gift shop I bought a copy of the Dover cut-out-and-assemble book / HO-scale model of Wright’s Robie house. I’ve never built a paper model such as this, but it seemed like a good time to try it. There’s been a lot of rain so far this summer, so I thought I’d try and build this model on whatever rainy evenings show up if I’m at loose-ends. It rained Saturday evening, so here’s the beginnings of the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment