Monday, August 3, 2020

From dreams

I soaked the stick-on label off the box, ironed it out, ran it through the scanner, and that over there is the result.

No, not really.

There was a time a few years back where for several nights over a period of several months I dreamt about an elusive hobby shop. Each dream went something like this: I'd get a call in the middle of the night from a friend telling me the hobby shop was open from 2:17 am to 3:32 am, or some such crazy time, and to get over there quick. I'd jump in my car and race there. In each dream it'd be in a different location. Different city, different area, different store architecture. I'd get there and there'd always be a different organization to each store and I'd spend sometime looking around, but there'd always be a section with tons and tons of plastic spacecraft kits. Kits from companies that didn't exist of spacecraft that didn't exist. I'd always wake up while browsing those kits. Spacecraft kits? I don't know why, but it gave me the idea for fictional HO scale building kits that could exist in some alternate timeline. Calling Dr. Freud :-)

4 comments:

  1. What a great sounding dream! Although if it were my dream I'd always get there just as they were closing, or I wouldn't be able to find a park, or I wouldn't have enough money and have to solve a complex multi variate linear equation with double integrals because the store owner had decided to price all the kids as differential equations!! Yours sounds way better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All that math would be hitting my horror zone :-) Interestingly though, now that you mention it, I never actually bought anything in those dreams. I just spent all my time looking around, especially at those spacecraft kits.

      Delete
  2. I once had a dream I found a fresh new copy of Stevie Wonder's "Fulfillingness' First Finale" LP. That was back in the days of malls with record stores and I decided to try it out that day. I went to the budget bin in the local mall and I found one new, unopened copy! I NEVER saw another copy of the album since. Kinda wish it were a bigger treasure than that! In the meantime, I've had occasional other "prophesy" dreams that didn't pan out so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you probably need to find a copy and listen to it. There might be something on it you need to hear. One never knows....

      Delete