Sunday, February 3, 2019

From the Time Machine's Glovebox: The Small Buildings Game

The first HO building from the small buildings game was based on some O scale industrial windows.
Often when I see some small object, or maybe an odd kit, I think, "This would make a great X", where X is some sort of model building. Sometimes I follow-up and build X, mostly I buy the object or kit and it sits on the shelf to age. But, when I do get around to building X, I don't call the activity model building, I think of it as 'the small buildings game', because to me the game is to make the building seem sort of credible. I've played a few times over the years and have often posted the results. Here are a few from the archive.
The El Camino Municipal Pool was built from the pickup bed of a 1/25 scale 1958 Chevrolet El Camino. The sign came from an HO scale Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant.
Post office tower building based on a coin bank bought from Canada Post. The slot at the top is now a light.
Gecko Records used tiles for walls that I bought at a Mexican products store in Bloomfield, Ontario (!) for 50 cents each.
The Deroalow was built from the bed cap from an AMT 1/24 scale Deora kit. Its cousin, the Amtronic Ranch, came from AMT's 1/24 scale Amtronic.

2 comments: