Saturday, April 6, 2013

Update on installing the sign's lights

I'm in the process of installing the optical fibres into the sign now that the building has been painted and the signboard has been glued into the main facade. I figure it'll take a week of spare time to get all the fibres in place. Since I've never done this type of job before, I'm spending lots of time figuring out how to install this stuff - trial and error. My opinion of this job swings back-and-forth between "I'll never do this sort of thing again for as long as I live" to "It's not so bad now that I've got things under control". I'm in the later state right now, and working my way down the sign installing fibres. Hopefully in a week or so I'll have a completely lit sign and some notes to post on how it went.

2 comments:

  1. Really interesting build you have going on here! I'm looking forward to the results! I had to chuckle when you mentioned the two different mind sets you've had on this project! LOL, I know that first one well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jerry! Luckily for me the second mindset has stuck around and I've install many more fibres :-) However, I'll have to stop soon to install the sidewalk lights and door unit because the web of fibres will prevent them from being installed easily.

      Delete