Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Oceanview Hotel is not earthquake proof

Last night I was rolling the layout to a position in the workshop where a section I wanted to work on would be directly underneath the lights. While moving the layout, making sure it wasn't going to crash into a wall, I pulled a little too hard, rolled over some unevenness on the floor, and the Oceanview Hotel (which, ironically, was temporarily being stored on the layout board to keep it safe while I worked on something else at the workbench) toppled over and crashed to the floor! Luckily I was able to find all the pieces except one window pane, and although most of the windows popped out on impact, all the individual units were intact, although some were a little scraped. I'm going to take a little break from building over the next few days to bring some order to a workshop that has none since I've got a number of projects on the go, and I don't want any further destructive testing done on any of them :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment