Monday, July 15, 2024

A quartet of tunnel portals

I glued up four tunnel ports from 0.040" thick styrene and scraps of 1" thick pink foam. They're shaped to resemble the Mueller Tunnel portal and sized to accommodate the Thaddeus Lowe trolley. These are portal substructures and not the finished items. Once the scenery is well along I'll add decorative facades to each of these to make them appear more like the real thing.


The portal openings were sized to fit the trolley and not much more. This is one of the reasons I thought it was important to build the vehicle that would run around this layout first instead of later when the scenery was in place.


The portals have been arranged so that I can build a mountain ridge from Inspiration Point to the Circular Bridge. It's going to be tricky, but I think it's doable. 

Hmmmm, I think I need to buy some more foam.

No comments:

Post a Comment