Wednesday, November 9, 2022

A glimpse of Paul Detlefsen's layout in 1949

Railroad Model Craftsman, August 1949

You may recall I wrote about Paul Detlefsen and his  layout a few years ago. These days I've been rereading some old Railroad Model Craftsmans and happened to come across that photo over on the left from Mr. Detlefsen's layout in the Your Nabor's Pike section of the August 1949 issue.

Interestingly we were treated to a much larger colour photo of that area of his layout on the cover of the December 1961 issue of Model Railroader.

As I mentioned in one of the previous posts, since Paul Detlefsen and John Allen were contemporaries, I wonder if one had any influence on the other? Hmm, maybe I need to reopen this case :-) I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. In October 1972 Model Railroader published a photo of Paul Detlefsen's "long since dismantled" railroad. That photo was by John Allen. Both men were trained artists who painted fantastic backdrops to extend the world of the railroad.

    ReplyDelete