Monday, March 12, 2018

Wild PCCs

Container Freight PCC by R. C. Mosely

If the Hot Rod Falcon wasn't wild enough for you, I couldn't resist these custom PCCs from an article called More Wild PCCs by Ralph Cantos in the September 1969 issue of Traction & Models.

The article's text is quite skimpy and doesn't elaborate on why the readers submitted these - maybe there was a contest - and doesn't accurately match each design with submitter. There are 10 of these PCC profile drawings and 13 attributions, so I've tried to match up attributions with drawings as best I can, but if you spot a mistake, I apologize and please let me know.
Piggyback PCC by R. C. Mosely

Joe's Servateria PCC by R. C. Mosely

Sand Car PCC by R. C. Mosely

Double deck PCC by Albert B. Lamborn or Chuck Happel

Imitation wood sheathed PCC by Albert B. Lamborn

Vista dome PCC by Albert B. Lamborn

Open bench PCC by Ken Robertson

Funeral car PCC by Ken Robertson

Private car PCC by Albert B. Lamborn or Tom D. Balch or Chuck Happel

The article was called More Wild PCCs, so I'm hoping there is a Wild PCCs that was published prior to Sept. '69 with more of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment