Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Lost photos from the Lost Ocean Line

I've been getting all nostalgic over the old layout, the Lost Ocean Line, and have been flipping through some photos. Here's some I don't think I've posted before, or maybe not in their current form.
Looking out to sea after being dropped off by streetcar at Feynman Beach.
Everyone needs a hobby.
Evening on Ocean Blvd sometime in 2012.
At the club in 2014
Downtown in 2012 well before the World's Smallest Model of the World's Biggest Bookstore came to town.

And, yeap, these days the Lost Ocean Line is indeed lost.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a very nice layout and like the references to Toronto. Did you set up live wire for a traction layout or power from the track?
    On an earlier post you wrote reviews on HO scale PCC cars. Did you keep these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words! No, I didn't try and power the cars from overhead wire. I didn't think I had the skill for that. I kept the PCCs even though the layout was taken apart. I plan to use them on my new streetcar layout, the Alta Vista TC. I guess it's not really going to be layout in the strict sense, just a place to run model streetcars, display buildings, and take photos.

      Delete
    2. Hey, would like to see your new layout when it's built. We both share this love of street cars. I have a few myself and now realize, I need to acquire them when I can as they are becoming more and more rare.

      Here's my email address if you want to send me shots of your layout and I can show you some of the cars I have.

      I'm also looking to hook up with some traction people to get some help with an incredible layout I inherited. I'll send images in email.
      Geoff

      Delete
    3. Hi Geoff, Sounds interesting. Your email address didn't come through in the comment. If you raise another comment with it in, I'll make note of your address, and then delete the comment instead of posting it.

      I've been thinking a lot about my Alta Vista TC layout recently and why its construction is stalled. I've realized it has no vibe - but I have an idea for what I need to do to get 'back on track' :-) I suspect in the fall I'll be back in construction mode.

      Delete