Monday, April 30, 2012

Find your towel, the El Camino Municipal Pool is done!

I think that one thing that almost always goes without saying is that if you’re building a pool, you can’t wait for the day when you can fill it with water. Same thing with this project. The problem here is that the ‘water’ took around 2 or 3 weeks to fill it! I used Woodland Scenics ‘water’ and poured it into the bed in rather thin 1/8 or 1/16 inch increments – waiting a few days between each pour. In the end it turned out ok with just one small pesky bubble that was determined to hang around. 
Between pours I worked on building the staircase, ladder and roof support. These things were just items glued up from miscellaneous plastic pieces I had on hand and painted a flat aluminum colour. Debra keenly pointed out that after climbing the stairs to the pool the low roof presented a head banging hazard. True, but I’m not about to add to the list of entrance admonishments that crash helmets must be worn at all times

That’s it for this project. Now, where did I leave my flippers?

No comments:

Post a Comment