Saturday, February 12, 2011

Barrel & Marble Works: Finished wall paneling

A couple of weeks ago I received my order of Campbell Scale metal siding from George's Trains, and I have spent some free time finishing the wall siding. The siding I bought was 12 scale feet in width, so I first cut 8'x4' pieces from the stock and used that to panel the walls. I used thick superglue to attach the pieces to the styrene substructure.

As I paneled the walls I added the window and door castings once paneling on a wall was finished. The castings were primed with Floquil concrete paint prior to installation.

If I were to do this project properly I would have panelled the substructure prior to assembly, but I decided to not do too much preplanning. The next part is to add the roof, but on this part I will panel it with metal siding before I attach it to the roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment