Sunday, June 13, 2021

A start on Bachmann's Contemporary House kit

I've taken a little break from the HQ build and thought I'd have a go at Bachmann's Plasticville Contemporary House kit I bought earlier in the spring. 

I guess it's something of a build-it-yourself toy masquerading as a model kit, but I rather like it and thought it might be good for getting my mojo back. I decided to do minimal improvements and just concentrate on painting and assembly. The walls are almost done and waiting for window installation. More details once it's a bit further along.

4 comments:

  1. Is the brick work yours or is that part of the kit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bricks are molded into those items, so they are part of the kit. The paintwork though is my doing. I used my usual painting technique for the bricks, but used a new-to-me method of adding the mortar Vince alerted me to: toothpaste was worked into the mortar indentations! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylBSZKhE8ig

      Delete