Saturday, March 6, 2021

A repurposing of Heljan kit B120

I don't think I've written about the conversion of Heljan's kit B120 to The Cake Lab, but since I mentioned the kit in the concluding Art Metropole post I thought I should at least show the kit that donated the crown decorations.

I bought the kit sometime around 2014 or so at George's Trains. It's a rather nice example of a modern train station. Although of European architecture, I thought the basic building wouldn't be out of place in a mid-century Toronto setting. In 2016 I repurposed it into The Cake Lab, which was the name of a company a friend of ours had recently started. I didn't use the kit's decorations on the model, so they were stashed away in the spares box for 'future use'. It turned out the future arrived a few weeks ago!

2 comments:

  1. Love your repurposed and kit-bashed structure.

    Are these cakes the edible type? You don't have a list of their products do you? Do they ship?

    I would die for a slice devils food cake.

    Cheers!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they were edible cakes, but unfortunately they went out of business a few years back.

      Delete