Sunday, June 19, 2011

Planning the new layout

[The plan so far: about 6.5 feet long; far loop has a 30 inch diameter and the near loop is a compound curve with a 36 inch diameter.]

I've started to plan a new, portable layout to better match my interests. It'll replace my current setup. I've got a box of old track and thought I'd use it to try out some ideas on the back porch since it has a large flat surface and the weather is good.

[Trying out some different curves for the squeezed in middle section - I'm in the middle of replacing those rotten deck boards!]

[There'll be a passing track on the back so some switching can happen independently of the main loop.]

In a future post I'll go into some of the drivers for this new design - and have the deck all fixed up too!

No comments:

Post a Comment