Monday, August 31, 2015

John Ahern in Canada

[The Lighthouses and Harbour Lights chapter of John Ahern's Miniature Building Construction, 1956 reprint edition published by Percival Marshall and Co.]

The lighthouse is based on my recollection of one I saw on Lake Superior in Canada;... 
John Ahern noting where the prototype of his lighthouse was located.

After finding out that George Iliffe Stokes got his artistic education in Alberta, I couldn't let it pass that John Ahern may have also made a trip to Canada - at least to Lake Superior in Ontario. I've been up there a couple of times, but never thought to take any photos of lighthouses. The last trip a few years ago was on our way to see my cousin in Thunder Bay. The light and views there are always spectacular,

No comments:

Post a Comment