Monday, January 19, 2015

Sinatra at 100

[Frank Sinatra at the Monaco train station in 1958. The picture was sourced from the Honorary Consulate of the Principality of Monaco in Las Vegas' website]
12 December 2015 will mark Frank Sinatra’s 100th birthday. It goes without saying that he was a legendary singer, but, maybe not quite as well known, he was also a big time train enthusiast and model railroader. I wasn’t much of a Sinatra fan in the past, but on a trip to Los Angeles I stumbled across the radio show Sundays with Sinatra on KJazz 88.1. I don’t recall the songs that were playing, but I guess I was in just the right frame of mind because they spoke to me. I was hooked. With a harsh January gripping the city, I’ve been listening to his 1958 album Come Fly with Me for some escape. Here’s the title song done up in classic Sinatra style.

No comments:

Post a Comment